A simple two-part steel connector designed to encircle and ground a shielded fiber optic cable.
- Multiple set screws penetrate the jacket to ground the shield. No need to remove the sheath. Makes for a faster, easier installation.
- Hexcap screws also secure and ground the steel strength members.
- Set screws bottom-out on the surface of the connector to make a foolproof installation. Cannot be over-torqued or under-torqued.
- Galvanized steel and tin-plated set screws for corrosion resistance.
- Hollow hexcap screws create a relief for plastic.
- Serrated, angled surface of hex screws displace the plastic to the sides instead of pushing plastic into shield, creating a better electrical contact.
- Serrations remove any coating on shield for better electrical contact.
For shielded fiber optic cable with and without strength members.